Life has been so crazy the last few weeks. We seem to do a weird cycle every few months where there is always something on the calendar, and I long for rest. I think that’s why I’m so dead-set on Sundays being slow-down-and-do-nothing days. You may have noticed that I simply haven’t posted everyday lately. Part of that is due to the busyness of things lately, and partly due to my computer being commandeered in the late evenings by my sister. Her laptop’s wireless card broke, so that’s her only chance to get online and take care of some things.
Anyway, I thought I would take a break from the photo challenge to just share a few pieces of my life lately. Probably not in any particular order either.
For Valentine’s Day, Levi took me to a local micro-brewery, where I had a glass of “Passed Stout” along with my smoked salmon enchildadas, which were amazing! Yet another new place to try, and I’d like to go back. Only this time, I want to take a group of people – this place has a marvelously laid-back “hanging out” feel to it.
I always thought I didn’t like beer. Turns out I am actually a beer snob, and I don’t actually know anything about beer. I can’t stand Coors or Bud or anything like that. I prefer darker “hoppy” beers. Whatever “hoppy” means. This amuses me.
I had my first public speaking engagement last night at our local Birth Network chapter meeting. I spoke on how changing positions can make your labor go faster (yes, it really can), and I loved it!
I was kind of nervous about my approach. I was confident in my ability to speak, and my knowledge of the subject, but a bit worried about the “fill-in-the-blank” handout I chose to use to help folks remember what they learned. I thought it might be a little cheesy, but the response was really positive!
A huge shout-out to my good friend and fellow doula, Carrie A, for the loan of her pelvis and baby, as well as being a kind moral supporter for me. I really was nervous, and her presence really helped me stay calm and confident. Her hubby was kind enough to get a couple of shots for me too, and here is one of them:
Other News of Note in the Faery Inn:
- Dain is mastering the art of potty-ing with quicker success than I thought he would. I think the “Marshmallow-for-Everyone” approach is working well.
- All four kiddos have come down with some sort of nasty fever/cough/puke bug. Thankfully, the puking seems to be finished, but the fevers are sticking around.
- AJ and Schel are moving out this weekend. That is just weird. They’ll be moving into a friend’s basement temporarily, as this will be a mutual benefit. I think she’s planning on getting her really and truly own place by summertime, with the help of tax return funds.
- I finally read “Mansfield Park” for the first time, thanks to Sabrina. And I loved it. A very different feel to this one than other Jane Austen books.
- Schel is signing “Eat,” “More,” “All done,” and is waving “Hi” and “Bye” with much enthusiasm!
- My Dad is off of his self-injections. Now we’re just keeping an eye on the brain tumors. His appetite is back, for the most part, though Mom still has to drive him around everywhere.
- My mom is back on facebook, and I’ve really had a blast chatting with her when she’s on. I love my Mom. She’s sort of awesome and stuff.
I realize I haven’t done Thankful Thursday for a couple of weeks now. Honestly, it has simply slipped my mind. How about I promise to be back next week? Good.
How about you? What’s going on in your life?