What do you feel are your biggest flaws? Boy. What a way to start a meme. I’ll stick with the short list, so I don’t end this lovely day in a pitiful state of self-loathing later on. Not that I ever loathe myself. I just thought it sounded funny. I do get awfully annoyed with myself pretty often though.
Anyway. In no particular order…
My Biggest Flaws
- Inconsistency. I am a great starter of things. I can usually keep going up to a solid month before I “take a break” that ends up lasting another month. I can never seem to stay on an even keel with anything. Ever.
- Dominating Conversations. I don’t mean to do it, and I’m better than I was as a kid, but I tend to take over conversations completely. Especially if it’s something I’m passionate about, like Jesus or birth or books.
- Pride. I will fully admit that there are many more times when my first thought, after seeing the messes people get themselves into is this: “Boy, I’m sure glad that I would NEVER do THAT!” Allow me to pause for a moment to tell you what the Holy Spirit very quickly reminds me of:
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! ~1 Corinthians 10:12 (NIV)
- Getting Overwhelmed Too Easily. When that happens, I usually “run and hide” in my computer or in a book. Rather than tackling things and being satisfied with what I can do, I get annoyed with what I cannot do, and end up doing nothing at all. This is very closely linked to the “inconsistency” flaw.
- Impatience. I don’t lose my temper but rarely. However, I do get irritated and snappish too easily.
Totally working on all of these, though! Praise God I’m not under condemnation, but I am under grace. I have wiggle room, and plenty of time to get things right. Or, as right as I can, this side of Heaven!
- Where do you have room for improvement? Any tips on helping me work on mine that have worked for you?
PS: If you want to see the complete list of Erica & Sara’s new 30-day challenge, go here.