They came up with this list well before the first challenge was over, so I have had a lot of time to think about how to approach it. Participating in the first thirty days was great for me! I now find myself itching to write everyday, and I have been a much less stressed-out mom for it. So, I decided to tentatively make up a blogging schedule for myself. This is what I’ve come up with:
- Sundays: Blogging break. Day of rest, and all that jazz.
- Mondays: Monday School, in which I post about what I learn in church Sunday mornings.
- Tuesdays: I’ll post about our family’s doings.
- Wednesdays: The new 30-day challenge topics. So, mine will be more of a 30-week thing. Unless I’m stumped on Tuesdays, when I will probably pull a topic from this list. It’s my blog. I’ll do what I want!
- Thursdays: I will start participating in Thankful Thursdays again. I miss that meme.
- Fridays: I’ll do a weekly update, pull from Plinky, or use the new 30-day list. I might even consider doing a “frugal/simple life/crunchy/birth” post on Fridays. Can you tell how tentative this “schedule” really is?
- Saturdays: I will probably do a weekend links post, consisting of the top 5 links I think you should read this week.
I’m going to give this schedule a try for a couple of weeks, and see how it works out. I doubt it will look as much like this as I think it will, but it gives me a springboard, which is all I really need.
Writing has really become my outlet, in so many ways. Letting go of the thoughts and to-do’s rattling around my brain for a few minutes a day really seems to make a difference…