Tonight, I tucked four healthy children into warm, safe beds. They were clothed in clean, soft pajamas, and each held tightly to a precious stuffed animal. They had good, healthful food and clean water. Their father has a job that provides for more than just necessities. In short, they are beyond blessed.
I cannot fathom the heartache of the mothers and fathers in Haiti who were not able to provide adequate, clean water for their children tonight, through no fault of their own. I cannot fathom the fear orphaned children must be feeling, or the anguish of parents left with empty arms because of this earthquake.
I am tempted to ask God “Why?”
But, I will not do that. It is a question He will not answer now. It will be answered one day, much sooner than we think, but not today.
Instead, I will ask God something else. I will ask him what I can do about it within the means He has given me. He cannot possibly have meant for me to keep all I have to myself.
And, I will start with Compassion.
I encourage you to do the same. Compassion knows that though we cannot do everything as individuals, we can, each of us, help ONE. We can each reach out and share the love of Jesus, education, food, shelter, and clothing with one child. One family. We can reach out and hold the hands of one person in poverty, and declare to them that they matter. They matter to us, and they matter to the God who created them and loves them.
If you’d like to know more about how you can help financially, please visit Compassion’s Earthquake Response Fund by clicking on the banner at the top of my sidebar.
Pray about it, and start with compassion, please.
Why Give to Compassion International?
- The FBI is warning of several Haiti charity scams that have popped up in the wake of this earthquake.
- They are suggesting that donations only be made to organizations monitored and rated by CharityNavigator.org and The American Institute of Philanthropy. Both organizations have given Compassion International their highest approval ranking.
- Compassion International is the only non-profit in it’s category to receive eight consecutive years of four star rating from CharityNavigator.org.
- Financial Information
In this disaster it is crucial that first responders receive support quickly. Because Compassion International ministers through local churches to meet the needs of that church’s neighbors, and because these church partners are respected aid workers in their communities, Compassion is uniquely positioned to assess and meet the needs of it’s sponsored children quickly. This is an advantage of our church-based model in practice for more than 50 years.
IN JESUS’ NAME:
Compassion International does not accept government funds which could at times restrict our ability to meet the physical and spiritual needs of children in Jesus’ name. Because of this Compassion International’s primary financial support comes from individual donors.
HOW DONATIONS WILL BE USED:
All funds raised in response to the Haiti earthquake will be used immediately to provide for Compassion-assisted children and families affected by this crisis. Any funds raised in excess will be stewarded by Compassion for additional and future disaster relief efforts.
You can provide immediate relief today.
• $35 helps provide a relief pack filled with enough food and water to sustain a family for one week.
• $70 gift helps care for their needs for two weeks.
• $105 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain two families for two weeks.
• $210 gift helps care for two families’ needs.
• $525 helps provide relief packs filled with enough food and water to sustain 10 families for two weeks.
• $1,050 gift helps care for 10 families’ needs.
• $1,500 helps rebuild a home.
• $2,100 helps supply 20 families with the basics for three weeks.
Due to the high number of responses it may take longer than normal to process your transaction.