I have a “real” post in the works, pertaining to grandparents and mountains and tiredness and such. Possibly another related to homeschooling. Since they are both still churning about in my brain, and I have to sort through pictures to post along with said posts, I decided to cheat, and post a meme.
I found this little gem over at One Thing, the internet residence of Jenni,
whom I tend to stalk whose writing I tend to read regularly, crying and laughing alternately. She found this meme over at 2nd Cup of Coffee, a blog I have never read, but probably will today. Just in case I need to quench the thought of doing anything more productive than this today.
Without further ado…A Random Dozen.
1. When you go to Wal-mart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? Every time I go, I get olives. We go through a lot of olives. And usually a candy bar of some chocolatey variety for myself, which I eat as soon as I am in the car.
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?
Harry Potter. He just doesn’t do it for me, no offense.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about? Home birth, midwifery, breastfeeding, etc…
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? Currently, that would be this one:
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: a really good tomato.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences): I am not equipped to give advice, as I make no money with my blog, nor do I draw many readers. To answer the question, though, I would say that if you blog, don’t wear a mask. Be who you are, not what you think those who read your blog want you to be.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? If I had been a boy, they would have named me Michael. I am certainly glad they stuck with the feminine Tiffany, seeing as how I am a girl…
8. What in your life are you waiting for? A trumpet call from the sky. In the meantime, I am waiting to cross “diapers” off of my grocery list for the last time. Although, I am okay if it takes awhile. These years go by too quickly anyway.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? Most likely, it will be from my in-laws, with the latest yard sale treasures for their grandkids.
10. Today–what song represents you? Without doubt, this one:
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? One thing blogging has taught me about myself is something best said by Anne Shirley, loosely paraphrased, of course. If only you knew how much I wish to say, and don’t…
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today? They are comfortable, and they are clean. I am feeling a bit drab and tired and homesick and unmotivated today. Yeah. I think that sums it up well enough. However tomorrow “…is a new day, with no mistakes in it yet”. Another Anne Shirley sentiment.
If you decide to participate, be sure to visit 2nd Cup of Coffee and let her know you appreciate her hosting.